Saturday, June 18, 2011

Simple fixes

The Housewife here!

Today, as I was moving through WalMart in search of a zipper and a button, I realized that I was going on another D.I.Y. adventure. It was completely unintentional but happily welcomed! I fixed 2 pair of my husbands shorts for less than $2, instead of replacing each pair for $40 total.

I wanted to share this tidbit with you all because that was a ridiculous amount of savings. It seems that almost no one believes in simple fixes anymore, they'd rather spend extra money and get a quick replacement. I don't understand this logic, to be honest. Sure, it took me 20 minutes to sew my husband's zipper back on, and took me another 2 minutes to sew the button back on another pair of shorts but 22 minutes saved me $40. $40 is what my husband makes in 2 hours, give or take.

Little life lessons help a lot :).

HW

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Becca. It's Bethy. :) I'm reading your blog all the time.

    ReplyDelete